Out-sourced shredding is more cost effective than in-house shredding.
It is very expensive to have your own employees shred paper with portable office shredders. If your people are shredding for as little as a combined 5 ½ hours PER MONTH, it is likely that hiring a professional document destruction company will be a less expensive and definitely more pleasant alternative.
You save money by using an professional document shredding company because:
- You don’t have to pay your employees to shred the paper
- You don’t have to purchase and maintain your own shredding equipment
- You don’t have to remove paper clips and staples
- You don’t have to clean up the dust from shredding or carry out the bags and bags…
- You don’t have to pay for the cost of disposal of the paper
Direct Cost of Shredding Internally
Even if you go through as little as one box of paper per month, that’s 5000 sheets. Divided by 15 sheets per minute, that’s 5 ½ hours. If the employee shredding earns as little as $8 per hour plus 25% for taxes and benefits, that means the direct cost of internally shredding 5,000 pages is nearly $45 per month. When you add in the cost of the in-house shredder, disposal of bags of paper, dust clean up and disruptions from noise, you are better off using a professional document destruction company.